Monday, June 8, 2009

My Copyright Guidelines & Resources

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, I am just sharing the principles and resources that I use.

My 3 Simple Guidelines:
1. Why not make it from Scratch?  
(Transform your classrooms into a studio and change your students from consumers to prosumers)
2. Play it safe and just use CC
(Use Creative Commons so you can legally remix and build on the past)
3. Ask for Permission, Fair use, and Link 
(Give credit, hyperlink, and use for educational purpose usually no problem)

Resources:
Copyright Cheat Slide the bar up and down to see all the laws
COPYRIGHT AND COPYWRONG excellent powerpoint summary
Copyright, What's Copyright? Youtube song from Temple
Copyright for Educators Slidecast on SlideShare (Presented February 2009) 54 Min Podcast+Slideshow
What Do You Do When Someone Steals Your Content
http://handouts.wesfryer.com/copyright

No comments:

Post a Comment